YSMGlobal offers Australian, New Zealand, and other global sailors, luxury boat ownership in Europe and Australia. Cruising to some of the most interesting and extraordinary ports in the world on your own yacht is easier than you think.
Each yacht in the syndication program has a maximum ten ownership units on offer. The yachts is registered in Australian and legal title is via a syndicate agreement in which there are multiple tenants in common.
Affordable yacht ownership without the hassles
An owner may purchase more than one unit. The term of the Syndicate Agreement is three years at the end of which the yacht is sold with the proceeds split amongst the owners, or the syndicate agreement is extended.
An owner may offer his or her unit(s) for sale at any time.
No charter, therefore better preventative maintenance
Our syndicated yachts are not offered for charter at any time.
The syndicate has a contract with YSMGlobal for the management of the yacht.
Up to eight weeks are allocated to each 1/6th ownership unit during the year, with the maximum usage allocated to the peak/shoulder Mediterranean season being the “most desireable period of use given the region and seasonal climatic conditions (Generally April to November) and the remaining time allocated equally amongst the owners to the off-peak season.
Two to three days are allocated between each owner’s usage to allow adequate time for turnaround and preventative maintenance and at least 2 weeks for annual winter maintenance.
The Mediterranean yachts operate from our base in Marmaris, Turkey where the Yacht Marina offers the best facilities in the Mediterranean.
Although based in Marmaris, the yachts can be delivered to other ports.
Assistance with itinerary planning
For example, one optional plan is to operate in Greece and Turkey in year 1, Croatia in year 2, France and Italy in year 3.
The boat will be delivered to and returned from each cruising area at the beginning and end of the peak season with delivery fees shared among the owners.
Four weeks are allocated to each 1/10th ownership unit during the year, with bookings allocated on a 1 week basis.
The boats will be available on Friday evening and must be returned by Thursday morning (1 week later) at the latest for turnaround and any preventative maintenance.
Four weeks are allocated for delivery each way to and from the Whitsundays and Pittwater which the owners can also enjoy.
The Australian yachts operate from our base in the Whitsundays QLD, where the marina facilities are fantastic, and from Pittwater in Sydney where cruising grounds are unsurpassed.
Our partners in Turkey, SK Yachting manage a large fleet of yachts for absentee owners and all of the expenses incurred in the service and maintenance of the yacht are billed at cost to the owners in Australian Dollars via YSMGlobal in Australia.
World class maintenance facilities in Marmaris, Turkey and other global ports
These costs include:
• Berthing of the vessel in a full service marina
• Comprehensive Insurance for the vessel
• Cleaning of the vessel after use
• Annual slipping
• Annual antifouling and hull polishing
• Engine services – two per year
• Sail-drive/leg service – one per year
• Regular engine check-ups including top-ups on oil, batteries, water, etc
• Vessel maintenance at approved facilities
Note – repairs requested outside of the home base may attract a charge for the owner requesting the repair
• Laundry service at turnaround
• Underwater hull scrubs – two per year
• Travel and accommodation for technical maintenance supervisor to ports other than Marmaris or St Martin for the purposes of carrying out the maintenance works.
Shared exposure to operating expenses and capital depreciation
Estimated maintenance fees are charged quarterly in advance to each unit holder.
Actual maintenance fees are charged at cost to each unit holder at the exchange rates applicable at the time of invoice – plus related bank charges – and applied against the quarterly payments with a reconciliation at the end of each year.
“ We have had a great five years with our boat in the Caribbean but I have drawn the short straw and landed the job of doing all of the operational stuff. I want a syndicated ownership situation without me having to do all the work”
Management Fees are charged in Australian dollars quarterly in advance to each unit holder.
Single point of contact in Australia – same language, same time zone
Management fees include but are not limited to:
• Trust accounting and reporting
• Invoicing and receipting for all maintenance and management fees
• Management Support
Walk on walk off service
• Management of the use of the vessel in accordance with the syndicate agreement and rule book
• Coordination of all maintenance activities for the vessel
• Coordination of vessel readiness for each unit holder
• Coordination of vessel return by each unit holder
• Coordination of delivery of the vessel to alternative cruising areas
• Assistance with pre-departure planning
• Assistance with itinerary changes during the cruise as requested
• Annual inspection of the vessel